Thursday, November 26, 2009

Got out of New Moon a little while ago. Made several attempts to review it, and they all sucked. So I'll try to sum it up:

Not my favorite show. Somewhere between a B and a B-. Choppy editing, the soundtrack was utterly forgettable, and why wasn't Ashley Green in it a whole lot more...? Soooo hot.....

The first director was a thousand times better, the special effects, specifically the running sequences, were marginally improved and I still can't get over how Kristen Stewart is so beautiful on camera when she looks like hell in all of the movie premier and TMZ pictures I've seen.

The book was a letdown from Twilight, so I'll give that to the director, but a better soundtrack and less Pink Floyd scenes could have really added some depth to it.

To illustrate my point, I give you a compilation from the Lost Boys set to the signature track Cry Little Sister by G Tom Mac. This was 1987. Vampires up until this point had been the traditional tux and cape "blah blah I vant to suk your blood" type and Joel Schumacher (yeah, I probably misspelled it ass)using a timeless soundtrack and an act that only Keifer Sutherland could pull off, reinvented the vampire movie for us. The New Moon crew should have done a little more homework...

1 comment:

  1. PS. Don't let the first frame fool you. It's not naughty. I wouldn't post anything like that.

    ReplyDelete