Saturday, September 19, 2009

Third Times the Charm

But Soapie, you've already posted twice today..! Isn't three times a bit much? Well folks and folkettes, that's the beauty of this blog: first, it's mine. I can post whatever I feel like posting. Second, I'm the Lonely Soapbox, and it is my job to stand up tall and proclaim important things. And third, well, it's a lonely soapbox for a very good reason.... Anyways, here's my beef;

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon

Unoriginal Hollywood blasphemers have once again chosen to defiled a classic piece of cinematic perfection with their remake of Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon. Now, I don't know details, but the little I do know is enough to make a billygoat puke (First Blood quote). They have picked nonother than over-rated, over-exposed, poser-extraordinaire Samuel L. Jackson to butcher the beloved role of Shonuff, Shogun of Harlem... Adding insult to injury they're installing flavor of the month, who they pretend is a 10 when she's actually a 6, Rihanna to play the role of Laura Charles previously played by Prince protege Vanity. Now if you haven't been blessed to behold the ethereal perfection of Vanity, I am including the trailer from the original movie below.

Samuel....they let him redo Shaft, they dared to put him in Star Wars, and now this..?! A thousand actors known and unknown could have pulled it off and we will get stuck with Jackson. That's just depressing.....

In case you need a refresher, here's the original trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment