Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Being Drunk is Never an Excuse

Forgive me if I deviate from the usual upbeat tone of my blog, but sometimes, a brother's gotta speak his mind.

Had a run in with a guy just a little while ago. He came into my place with a woman that was obviously not his wife and was giving giving me a hard time. My position is one where I am expected to that might not be in the best of spirits, and that's fine. But, even I, with the worlds longest fuse, wanted to clock this chump. I had to tell him to shut up, which I don't like, but it was more for his protection

Maybe someone out there (and yes, I know I'm writing to cyber ghosts and an invisible audience) can help me understand why people think it's ok to be assholes when they're drunk? BEING DRUNK IS NEVER AN EXCUSE

A nondrinker, I can't stand obnoxious drunks. They ruin everyone's night and then, if they have half a conscience, blame it on the alcohol.

That's pretty much the same thing as a hit man blaming a murder on his gun or a rapist blaming his act on...well... you know.

Take some responsibility folks.... If you've EVER been told that you can be obnoxious,"get a little loud", "go a little crazy", "a little out of control" take the hint and realize that whoever is telling you this, is trying to tell you that you have a problem. Are you that lacking in personality? Are you that mad at Mommy and Daddy or church? Are you that insecure?

Take up a hobby, go talk to a shrink, exercise more, but please, please, lay off the booze.....

No comments:

Post a Comment